for the record, this DIY project is pretty awesome. we are always thinking of little projects that are easy to do at home, worth your time and fun to share. it's our job to keep our boss ladies inspired outside of work, with a little s+s flare. this week we are learning how to:
MAKE A RECORD BOWL IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES
WHAT YOU'll NEED:
• an old record (make sure it's one that can no longer play or one that has little value!)
• baking sheet
• hot pads or oven mitts
• an oven safe bowl OR old coffee can
• preheat oven to 200° F
• place oven safe bowl or old coffee can in the center of your baking sheet
• place your record on the center of bowl or can
• put in oven on center rack, set your timer for 5 minutes
• after 5 minutes, your record should be slowly drooping over the bowl or can (reference the photo above)
• depending on your oven, you may need more time (i did)
• turn on your oven light, add another 5 minutes to your timer and closely watch the record with the oven door closed
• using your oven mitts or pads, grab the tray out of the oven
• start shaping your record, immediately!
• i like to use my hands, but feel free to keep your oven mitts on (the record shouldn't feel too hot)
• if your record hardens before you have the shape you want, stick it back in the oven for a few minutes
• wash your hands, turn off the oven, let your bowl sit + fill it with s+s jewelry
• i wouldn't recommend using this bowl for serving food or storing snacks. it can be used for candy, but make sure its wrapped
• other uses: candle holder, car/house key keeper, loose mail, essential oils holder (my mini bottles are everywhere!), party/thank you gift, coffee table center piece... we want to see you get creative!
fun fact: fleetwood mac, rumours, won the grammy award for album of the year in 1978. since then it has sold over 40 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. AKA do NOT melt this record into a bowl.